Friday, February 27, 2015

1099 Trouble? We Can Help

It's not unusual for taxpayers to be surprised-and perhaps more than a little confused-by some of the correspondence that is received from the IRS. Here's a case in point: Many taxpayers have been puzzled by notices they have received related to 1099 forms. For example, problems have arisen in the past surrounding notices related to Forms 1099-K (Payment Card and Third Party Network Transactions) and 1099-C (Cancellation of Debt). Those who received the notices were frequently uncertain what they meant and how they were expected to respond.   

If you have received one of these notices-or any other letter-from the IRS, be sure to contact us. The Service may simply need more information, have additional tax liability or are due a refund. No matter what the situation, we can help you understand the problem and work with you to resolve it.